Your SEO strategy is working fine. Your site is ranking decently well and you are happy with the SEO strategies used over the years. What would be the future of your rankings?As an SEO expert, it is your job to keep an eye on the future and anticipate the changes to implement any necessary strategies to combat the volatile algorithms. Google makes about 3000 algorithm changes per year! That's about 9 changes per day! Your challenge is to beat this company and rank higher. With the advancement in technology, life has become easier for SEOs and we have listed a few trends which seem to be the future of SEO in the year 2020.
1. Artificial Intelligence as a pioneer force - AI is evolving and the most recent step has been the introduction of BERT (Bidirectional Transformers for Language Understanding) by Google. BERT is Google's neural network-based technique for natural language processing. It is considered to be one of the biggest leaps in the history of Search. SEOs must now focus their efforts on writing teh most useful content depending on how algorithms like BERT interprets the questions!
2. Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness - 2020 is the year when Google will look at the overall reputation of a company and the content published. The most important aspect is how Google understands the entities on your website - Entities can mean anything vague like and idea or colour. SEO strategy will need to be worked around how Google will interpret the entities - which can either be a product on the site or the site itself.
3. User Experience and Technical SEO - User experience is one field where SEO experts should focus in 2020. This includes the overall experience - landing pages, interaction with the search result pages, drip campaigns and even the experience when they leave the site. Technical SEO is an important part of user experience. It is increasingly important for SEOs to get a leg up on their technical foundations and promote good technical practices.
4. Entity and Knowledge Graph Optimization - Google's Knowledge Graph's expansion over the years has indicated that it will reach greater heights in the coming decade. Entities can be optimized as per your site to appear on knowledge panels. Being in the graph can add trust and authenticity to your brand.
5. Visual Image Search as the biggest change - Google Lens roll out created a drastic change to image search. Google has slowly started leveraging image searches - images should be optimized and marked, revamping image search for desktop and the search engine result pages to give an universal result including images, videos, maps and listings. Google added visual image search attribute to search results. 35% of Google product searches return transactions in less than five days and this is why SEOs should take an advantage of such changes.
6. Evolution of SERPs - Search engines will continue to evolve and transform to the effect that appearing first on the search result will no longer be the goal! SEOs need to consider a whole new range of strategies to appear in various platforms through organic search results. Strategies should be flexible and evolve as per the requirement.
SEO will shift towards technicalities while holding on to its roots of traditional search results. SEO is no longer about hiring a marketer but getting more technical. If you need any help or guidance to more from your traditional link building, we are just a click away!